Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Finding the strength I need...

My daughter R and I, we are strong girls. We will be able to make it through this... we just have to believe we can.

I have found an amazing strength to get through this, and where I know it will be long and hard to handle sometimes, I trust that the Lord will give me the tools I need to do what is right. I have found a new sense of faith in myself, and God, and hope that I continue to do things in honor of Him.

My support system is amazing, and I do not think that I realized all that I had until I had nothing. R and I started a week ago with nothing but some bags, and slowly but steadily we gained a roof, and food, and support, and I know now that I need to teach her more about God, and let her ask a million questions that will stem me to dig deeper into what I do not know.
He might have hurt me, but he didn't break me.

(Prov 15:4): The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life, but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit.

1 comment:

  1. My mom always told me that God never gives you anymore than you can handle. I live by those words. I'm sorry to hear what happened. I'll keep you and your daughter in my prayers...

    ReplyDelete